mortaldivergence

Mortaldivergence's Blog

Just a 18 year old girl who loves reading :)

The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Emily M. Danforth
Progress: 180/354 pages
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

All the Bright Places

All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven I enjoyed reading it well enough, but it did not stand out as one of the best books of all time to me.

I read this book for pretty obvious reasons. It was super popular and hyped. So I finally picked it up a couple of days ago.

I thought the writing in this book was absolutely gorgeous. And I loved the dialogue between Violet. But while I was reading I felt a sense of familiarity, and it wasn’t until I read other reviews that i realized it was pretty close to being ‘The Fault in Our Stars’.

Now the characters. I felt like I could’t connect with any of them. Like what Raeleen (padfootandprongs07) said, “the characters become their illness.” Violet had some character development, but it kind of felt like any other YA girl learning to ‘live’ again. And I feel as if Finch did not get the development he deserved.

But overall I did enjoy reading this books, and I can understand why people love and connect with it as much as they do. If you decide to pick this book up, I hope you enjoy it.